NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY
The National Honor Society is an organization of Junior and Senior students who are joined together by a committment to academics and service. Founded in 1921, there are currently over 16,000 chapters in the United States. In 2012-2013, the Kuna Chapter of the National Honor Society is advised by Suzy Lindley. firstname.lastname@example.org
NHS officers for the 2011-2012 school year are:
President – Missa Quintana
Vice President – Sarah Haley and Malia Peck
Secretary – Gillian Tan
Treasurer – Corbin Winward
Historian – Aubrey Andrus
Next meeting: May 2nd during tutorial in the library
- Turn in your service hours reports
- SENIORS!!! I need your completed service hours reports starting NOW. Or at least by May 2nd at the latest!
- There are a few seniors that are in the ISAT lab class that are trying to complete this requirement for graduation. They are struggling and getting concerned that they won't meet the deadline. The teacher in there is asking for help. Any students who would like to get some service hours and help tutor during 4th or 8th hour is appreciated. The subject is math. If you have a free hour and would like to help out in this capacity, please come see me or Mrs. Wheeler.
- Springtime clothes swap on Saturday, May 4th. Mrs. Steinbach could use help Friday, May 3rd from 3:30-8:30 sorting through clothes and on Saturday, May 4th from 7am-1pm.
Important Dates coming up:
- INDUCTION CEREMONY for new members is April 18th
- SENIOR AWARDS NIGHT (where you current seniors get your honor cords) is May 15th.
- SPRING SERVICE PROJECT: Saturday April 27th, from 9-12. Meet at the back parking lot for assignment upon arrival. We will again be doing a campus clean up and planting flowers around the school. If you have gardening gloves or work gloves, BRING THEM. If you have little trowels for planting flowers, BRING THEM. If you have a portable watering can, BRING IT. Last year we had some weed removal that was hard to complete without the proper tools, so if you have shovels, little clippers, etc. BRING THEM. This is our last major service project for the year and several of you still need to fulfill that requirement. Please make every effort to be there. Many hands make light work. :)
The following are some links for you, as members, to use for accessing useful forms pertinant to NHS
Application for officer position
Requirements to maintain membership in NHS
Service Hours Report