The Kuna School Board is the policy-making body of the school district, establishing the principles that govern the daily operation of the school system. Each of the five trustees represents specific geographic zones in the district, called zones. Individual members have no authority to act on their own but meet as a board in a formal session. They receive no salaries or benefits and are elected to a four-year term.
Our Board of Trustees includes:
- Zone 1 Joy Thomas, Vice Chairperson
- Zone 2 J.D. Grant, Chairperson
- Zone 3 Kyrsti Bruce
- Zone 4 Kim Nixon
- Zone 5 Russ Johnson
Getting involved & providing feedback:
- Email trustees. See contact information below. (Before emailing a complaint or concern to a trustee, please review our problem-solving process.)
- Stay informed. Sign up for your trustee's monthly newsletter.
- Volunteer. Apply to serve on task forces, advisory committees, study circles at the district and school level.
- Attend school board meetings in person or watch the livestream.
The Board of Trustees is supported in its work by an appointed Clerk. The Clerk is Deann Greany. She can be reached at 208-922-1000 or email her.