In the Kuna School District, every school offers an excellent education for students. The district is committed to sustaining outstanding schools and fostering strong relationships between parents and teachers.
We recognize that some assigned school attendance areas may not meet the needs of families in our district, and some families live outside of our district boundaries and want to choose our schools for their children.
Idaho law (33-1402) allows us to offer an opportunity to apply for a change of school through open enrollment.
2023-2024 School Year
New laws regarding open enrollment take effect July 1, 2023.
To apply for an In-District or Out-of-District open enrollment transfer, please complete the following online form: KSD Open Enrollment Form for 2023-24
Note: Before beginning this application, please have the following documents in PDF format and ready to be attached:- Proof of Residency
- All grades at Ross Elementary are currently FULL and not accepting applications
- All grades at both Middle Schools are FULL and not accepting applications
- All grades at Kuna High School are currently FULL and not accepting applications
- No paper forms will be accepted
- Transcripts and/or Latest Grades
- Attendance Records
- Discipline Records (or letter from current school administrator stating no discipline record)
- Any Special Service Plans: 504, IEP, ELP, etc.
Priority for enrollment under this section shall be given to pupils applying to attend another school within the home district. KSD may deny a transfer application for the following reasons:
- The pupil was expelled by the pupil’s previous district;
- The pupil has a documented history of significant disciplinary issues;
- The pupil has a documented history of chronic absenteeism;
- The receiving district does not have space available pursuant to section 33-1409, Idaho Code.
Additional Information About Open Enrollment
- Not all district programs are available at every school site, such as Synergy, English Learners, Dual Language, TLC, or Special Education.
- Siblings are not automatically enrolled in the school if a sibling is in a special program.
- Open Enrollment is for full-time students only and does not include foreign exchange students or siblings.
- Please be advised that the Kuna Joint School District No. 3 reserves the right to remove open-enrolled students at any time for the following conditions:
- school overcrowding
- unacceptable behavior
- poor attendance
- District policy requires that parents/guardians are responsible for transporting open-enrolled students.
Crimson Point K 0 - None 1 5 - Seats Available 2 6 - Seats Available 3 0 - None 4 0 - None 5 0 - None Hubbard K 7 - Seats Available 1 0 - None 2 0 - None 3 0 - None Indian Creek K 0 - None 1 0 - None 2 0 - None 3 0 - None Reed K 2 - Seat Available 1 0 - None 2 0 - None 3 0 - None 4 0 - None 5 0 - None Ross 4 0 - None 5 0 - None Silver Trail K 0 - None 1 0 - None 2 0 - None 3 0 - None 4 0 - None 5 0 - None
Freemont 6 0 - None 7 0 - None 8 0 - None Kuna 6 0 - None 7 0 - None 8 0 - None
Kuna High 9 0 - None 10 0 - None 11 0 - None 12 0 - None