In the Kuna School District, every school offers an excellent education for students. The district is committed to sustaining outstanding schools and fostering strong relationships between parents and teachers.
We recognize that some assigned school attendance areas may not meet the needs of families in our district, and there are families who live out of our district boundaries who want to choose our schools for their children.
Idaho law (33-1402) allows us to offer an opportunity to apply for a change of school through open enrollment.
2022-23 School Year
The application window will be from March 1 to April 30. School leaders will review applications in May and families will be notified later in May about whether their application can be granted.
Families who missed the deadline or have recently moved to our community may contact the school principal at the start of the school year.
About Open Enrollment
- Not all district programs are available at every school site such as Synergy, English Language Learners, Dual Language, TLC, or Special Education.
- Siblings are not automatically enrolled in the school if a sibling is in a special program.
- Open Enrollment is for full-time students only and does not include foreign exchange students or siblings.
- Requesting to transfer for athletics will be DENIED
- Please be advised that the Kuna Joint School District No. 3 reserves the right to remove or transfer open-enrolled students at any time for the following conditions: school or program overcrowding, unacceptable behavior, false or misleading information on the Open Enrollment Application, lack of academic progress, or poor attendance. District policy requires that parent/guardians are responsible for transporting open-enrolled students.
Per Kuna School District School Board Policy #632, district open enrollment decisions are final and not appealable to the school board.