School Social Work Services
Who We Are
School Social Work Services within the Kuna School District are provided by a combination of professional staff, multiple full year social work interns assigned from area university social work programs and volunteers contributing to the implementation of social work projects and services. Certified district social work staff consists of Jeff Harry, LMSW, Coordinator of District Social Work Services, Shannon Shayne, LMSW, Family Resources Coordinator, and Sara Lawson, LMSW, Social Worker.
What We Do
School social work services consist of both direct interventions with students and families and indirect services including working with school, community, and other agency personnel to address student concerns and needs including assistance to student families.
Direct services include:
- Small group student counseling focused on issues such as family divorce/separation, bullying prevention, tolerance toward others, social skills, conflict resolution, personal problem solving, and self-esteem/self-identity.
- Short-term, individualized student counseling sessions to solve specific presenting issues present in the student’s life.
- Sustained, concrete resource supports for students and their families carried out through projects such as Operation School Bell, Weekend Backpack Program, Back to School Supplies, Holiday Family Giving Trees and Santa Bus Projects, Weekly Food Pantry, Community Garden Project, and Daddy Daughter Dance.
Indirect services include:
- Providing student and family resource connections to other community agencies, institutions, and service providers with the goal of enhancing student school progress and family well being.
- Conducting pertinent student assessments and plans including social histories, functional behavioral assessments, positive behavioral intervention plans, and bio-psychosocial assessments.
- Mobilizing family, school, and community resources to enable the child to learn as effectively as possible in his or her educational environment.
Contact Our Team
Community Resource Center
We serve families of our Kuna School District students through our Community Resource Center housed at:
Ross Elementary School
610 N School Ave
Kuna ID 83634
- Hours: Open Every Friday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Phone: 208-922-4745
- For Appointment Call Jeff Harry at 208-861-4400