- Positions for Zone 1, 2, and 5 will be on the November 2023 ballot. Those elected will take office in January 2024.
- Positions for Zone 3 and 4 will be on the November 2025 ballot. Those elected take office in January 2026.
Trustee ElectionsIn Idaho, school board elections are held on "odd" number years in November.By law, elections for the five trustee positions are staggered so an entire board will not be on a single ballot. Trustees are elected to four-year terms.
School Trustee Election November 7, 2023 Information
Three trustee positions are up for election for four-year terms, which begin in January 2024.
Patrons may only vote for candidates that live in their zone and seek to represent it on the Board of Trustees
Patrons can confirm which trustee zone they live in two ways:
- Check with Ada and/or Canyon county elections office
- Use the district's look up tool
Trustee positions and candidates up for election are:
- Zone 1 - This zone is located in Ada County. Candidates:
- Joy Thomas
- Hillary S. Lowe
- Zone 2 - This zone is located in Ada County. Candidates:
- Kristi Hardy
- James (JD) Grant
- Zone 5 - This zone is located in both Ada and Canyon counties. Candidates:
- Russell L. (Russ) Johnson
- Michael Thornton
Candidates expecting to spend $500 or more on their campaigns are required to create an account with the Idaho Secretary of State and report donations and expenditures. Failure to report can result in fines. More information is available on the Secretary of State's website.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements to seek election and serve as school trustee?
Idaho law (Section 33-501) requires: "Each trustee shall at the time of his nomination and election, or appointment, be a school district elector of his district and a resident of the trustee zone from which nominated or appointed."
A qualified elector in Idaho law (Section 34-104) is:
- Age 18 or older
- United States citizen
- Resident for at least 30 days prior to election
- Registered to vote
Who may I contact for more information?
Deann Greany, Clerk of the Board
Kuna School District
711 E. Porter St., Kuna, ID 83634
Call: (208) 922-1000400 N Benjamin Ln. Ste 100
Boise ID 83704Call: (208) 287-6860Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
gov1102 E. Chicago St.Caldwell, ID 83605Call: (208) 454-7562Email: electionsclerk@ canyonco.org