The district’s adopted core curriculum for English language arts, math, science, social studies is listed on our website. Teachers also use a variety of supplemental materials.
Parents/guardians are welcome to review these materials and information about the course of study in our schools.
During the school year, the process to access materials is to contact the student’s teacher.
It may be necessary to make an appointment to review textbooks and materials at times when they are not in use by students.
While some materials may be copied for review outside of school, copyrighted material such as textbooks cannot and must be reviewed at the school.
In grades 6-12, teachers post information in our learning management system called Schoology. Parents/guardians access this in one of two ways:
Ask your student log in and show you materials
Access a parent account and review materials
Concerns about materials/activities
On the rare occasion a parent objects to learning material or activity in their child’s classroom, they should follow this process:
Contact the teacher to identify if an alternative lesson or activity is available and/or
Withdraw their student from the lesson or activity
Kuna School District Core Curriculum:
- K-5 Ready Math from Curriculum Associates (Adoption 2018-2023)
- 6-8 i-Ready Mathematics (Adoption 2023)
- 9-12 Big Ideas Learning distributed by Cengage Learning (Adoption renewed 2023)
- 3rd grade: The Settlement of the Kuna Region: 1900-1925
- 4th Grade: The Idaho Adventure
- Discovery Education Social Studies Techbook (Adoption 2018)
- 7-12 McGraw Hill Networks -
- 7th World History (Discovering Our Past: A History of the World)
- 8th US History (Discovering Our Past: A History of the United States - Early Years)
- 9th: Global Studies (Geography: The Human and Physical World)
- 10th: US History 1 (United States History and Geography)
- 11th: US History 2 (United States History and Geography)/Economics (Understanding Economics)
- 12th: Government (United States Government: Our Democracy)
- 11th and 12th (Electives):
- Sociology (Sociology and You)
- Psychology (Understanding Psychology)
- K-5 Mystery Science or Foss Science Kits
- 6-8 Smithsonian STC Middle School (Adoption 2020-2025)
- 9th Physical Science - Activate Science (Adoption 2020-2025)
- 10th Biology Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH): Science Dimensions (Adoption 2020-2025)
- 11th Chemistry - Activate Science (Adoption 2020-2025)
English Language Arts
- K-5 Reach for Reading from National Geographic distributed by Cengage Learning (Adoption 2019-2024)
- K-5 Lucy Calkins Units of Study for Writing (Heinemann resource link here)
- 6-8 myPerspectives (Adoption 2023)
- 9-12 NoRedInk - Writing Resources (Adoption 2023) CommonLit - Reading Resources (Adoption 2023)