KUNA SCHOOL DISTRICT DRIVER EDUCATIONThe driver education course is broken into two pieces: online classroom learning and student driving with an instructor.The course takes about 6 weeks. The online class portion is 30 hours and the driving portion includes 6 hours driving and 6 hours observing.The spots available in the course and class sizes vary based on the availability of instructors.Students must be able to schedule drives around sports, work etc. Some weekend days are required. If you aren't able to be flexible for the drives, please choose another session where you can be flexible. If you need to miss a drive, you must contact your driving instructor. You can also email email@example.com at least 8 hours before your scheduled time. If that contact isn't made to cancel the drive, there is a $50 fee.Session Tuition and Requirements
- Tutition - Cost is $230 and must be paid to the Kuna High School bookkeeper before the start of the class session.
- Driver's Permit - Before registering Students must have purchased a permit and sent a copy of the receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org . A student will not be allowed into the drivers ed session without proof of a permit.
Permits can be obtained from Ada County. Student will need the following:
Make a copy of your receipt and attach it to an email to: Driversed@kunaschools.orgFALL 2021 REGISTRATION is closed: Please check back in mid-January for our next session.
- You need to be at least 14 1⁄2 years of age or older
- A Certified Birth Certificate
- A photo ID or student yearbook
- A parent or legal guardian
- “Verification of Compliance” letter (Pick up in high school front office)
- Social Security Card
- Tell them you are enrolling in the “KUNA HIGH SCHOOL Driver Education Program”
Registration is based on "first - come - first - serve" basis, meaning the first applicants to register will get into the session (IF there are 30 spots open in the session, the first 30 people to register will be enrolled)NOTE: NO WAITING LIST AVAILABLE. If you are not accepted into the session, you will have to re-register for another session. Your application WILL NOT be kept on a waiting list, rolled over to another session, or automatically re-registered for a new session.